Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Cherry-picking trades

Hello everybody,
So, the position is nil after yesterday's trading, and maybe it is in order to explain how come my simulated trading, which I conduct on the CME Simulated Trading platform, has produced different (worse) results from those by hypothetical trading according to ELP Program proper (see both on the "Current results" page).
Well, first of all, it again demonstrates that "systems work, traders don't". Fact is, when I started trading on Oct.31, ELP had given two conflicting signals some time before, so there should have been no position until Nov.7 when the long was closed out. But I "cherry-picked" the short position which I thought to be more "promising" (lol), and went short way too early at 3034.5 (instead of on Nov.7 at about 3090). This difference of c.55 points (in terms of E-mini S&P 500 futures) is exactly the difference between my sim. trading results and ELP's result for this (first on this site!) trade. So, in future, I promise I won't try to catch up but will strictly follow the ELP rules, so that simulated trading results as much as possible copy and resemble ELP's hypothetical results.
Don't try to beat the system, or "improve" it in the heat of the trading day!
Cheers, Vlad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rebound

Hello everybody, Markets have begun to come to grips with the reality of the new coronavirus. It is bad enough, sure, but not the end of ...